9.20.2010

First Disney Post....About 6 Weeks Overdue.

Alright, so...hello! Finally.

This Wednesday it will be exactly 6 weeks since I've arrived in Orlando to start the Disney College Program. I've been very busy trying to adjust to everything here...it's so different than anything I've ever experienced before.

Sure, I've had jobs and lived away from home, but it's got a very different feel. I live in an apartment right now with 1 other person. We've got a kitchen, living room, bedroom, & bathroom. I used to live in an apartment with 5 roommates, but it was entirely too much for me to handle. Screaming at all times of the night? Roommate turning on the television, yelling over the telephone, and bringing boys into the room while I'm sleeping? No thank you. So I moved out. Of course, moving has had some monetary costs added in, but it definitely worth it for the sake of a peaceful life away from work.

In other news, work is crazy. I work almost 40 hours a week at a quick service food & beverage restaurant called The Mara in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Here's a couple pictures I snagged off of Google Images (I haven't really had the chance to take any myself yet):




The kitchen and greeting area of our little jungle abode.


Beverage Island!


Some examples of the food choices we have at The Mara..my favorite being the bottom sandwich :) It's a Turkey Ciabatta sandwich! It has kalamata olives, arugula, and sun dried tomato mayonnaise! Delicious.

I usually work 5 days a week, and I'm doing jobs anywhere from waffles, burgers, fryer, pizza, greeting, cleaning tables, stocking beverage island, and as of today, maybe even being a cashier. I just trained on cash today and it was a bit confusing at first, but like most registers, will just take some time getting used to.

Next week I'm deployed to All Star Sports, where I'll probably be cleaning the hundreds of tables they have in their food court haha. One of my co-workers, Yu Jin, was deployed to All Star Music and that's all she did all week so it's a definite possibility.

Speaking of All Star Resorts, Gerardo is coming to visit soon! October 28-31 more specifically! I'm very excited. It's his birthday weekend and so far we have reservations at 2 restaurants:




Tokyo Dining

&






50's Prime Time Cafe!

It should be a lovely time, especially since we haven't seen each other since the first week of May! Needless to say, neither of us can wait.

Well, I think that's enough for now.

I promise, more updates will happen soon!

Happy Sailing :)



P.S. - I'm going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this Thursday. Any costume ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment